Five Signs of a Deteriorating Roof
- – Missing, broken, cracked or curling shingles.
- – Deteriorating or damaged flashing around chimneys, vents, or roof valleys.
- – Deterioration of roof valleys.
- – Extreme granular loss found in gutters and splash blocks. Asphalt shingles are covered with granules to block ultraviolet sun rays. Over time granules will erode and expose the asphalt.
- – Rainwater pooling or ponding on a flat roof is an indication of inadequate drainage. Ponding leads to accelerated roof deterioration.
William Douglas Management, providing excellent management services to HOAs and condominium associations since 1980.
Copyright 2018 William Douglas Management, Inc.