Homeowner association boards of directors establish rules and regulations that the entire membership are asked to observe so that the association can maintain property values and the quality of life.
To determine reasonability some general guidelines:
- Enforce rules uniformly, taking into account the consequences.
- Developing rules for the sake of having rules is unnecessary. The association develops rules only if necessary.
- Rules are based on proper authority association’s governing documents
- Make rules in an attempt to ensure that each member can enjoy the community free from the harmful behavior of others.
- Don’t make rules to punish, make rules that encourage understanding and compliance.