This brief overview of Robert’s Rules of Order can be beneficial to new HOA board members for understanding the basic process of how a meeting is to be performed.
- One person may speak or have the floor at a time.
- The Chair of the meeting decides who that person will be.
- The speaker may discuss only the issue being considered.
- Other board members wishing to speak should be given an opportunity.
- Decisions require a motion, a second, and a vote.
- Once voted upon, no further discussion is allowed.
William Douglas Management, providing excellent management services to HOAs and condominium associations since 1980.
Copyright 2018 William Douglas Management, Inc.