Need Association Management?

Contact Us

trinity NC


William Douglas Property Management offers HOA Management and Association Management services in Trinity, NC

Trinity, NC Facts & Information

Trinity is a municipality located within Randolph County, United States. Trinity is chartered as a municipal city. Trinity Is located in the northeast sector of Randolph County. The ZIP code for Trinity is 27370. The area code for Trinity is 336.

———-

Trinity College

The city’s name, Trinity, derives from Trinity College, which was once located in the community. Trinity College originally started in 1838 as a private subscription school known as Brown’s Schoolhouse. Quakers and Methodists established Brown’s Schoolhouse under the direction of Methodist Episcopal Reverend Hezekiah Gilbert Leigh (1795-1853). Reverend Leigh is also recognized as one of the founders of Randolph-Macon College, which is now located in Ashland, Virginia. Local Methodist Reverend Brantley York (1805-1891) was the first teacher at Brown’s Schoolhouse.

Created with transforming the school into a college is Methodist Reverend Dr. Braxton Craven (1822-1882), who was named principal in 1841. The North Carolina General Assembly granted a charter to Union Institute Academy in 1841, and Brown’s Schoolhouse became Union Institute Academy. The Union Institute Academy was rechartered in 1851 as the Normal College, and it was given authority to grant certificates that would be valid as teaching certificates at public schools. In 1853, the Normal College was given authority to grant college degrees. The North Carolina Methodist Conference assumed total control of the Normal College in 1859, and the name was changed to Trinity College. The college, since its inception, struggled financially, and Dr. Craven carried the burden of continually financing the college for the rest of his life. He was president of the college when he died in 1882.

In 1887, John Franklin Crowell (1857-1931) was elected president of Trinity College by the trustees. Crowell was a Yale University graduate and only 30 years old. It was said he was imbued with enthusiasm and ambition. It is also said Crowell had a greater vision for Trinity College than what could be obtained in the small village of Trinity. He recognized the industrialization that was developing within the more metropolitan areas within North Carolina.    

Though there were protests, Trinity College moved to Durham in 1892. The land for the college site was donated by Julian S. Carr. Funds to construct one of the buildings was donated by Washington Duke, the father of James B. Duke. Crowell personally provided the funds for another building. With his objectives accomplished, President Crowell resigned to pursue other opportunities in 1894. Trinity College changed its name to honor Washington Duke in 1924. His son, tobacco and electrical power capitalist, James Buchanan Duke, had established the Duke Endowment that had made the college one of the best-endowed colleges in the United States.

———-

The Trinity Community An Overview of the 1800s

The community initially became known as “Trinity College,” and eventually, the community’s name evolved to just “Trinity.” The small community that developed was around five miles from a railroad station. Trinity was near Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road; However, the community was considered remote and ideal for a college because there were no real distractions for the students.

The Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road was a major thoroughfare for the area and region for the mid to late 1800s. The Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road arrived in the Trinity area around 1851. Plank roads were typically constructed of oak and pine planks, around six to eight inches thick. These planks were laid on a roadbed designed to drain then covered crosswise with eight-inch wide by three-inch-thick planks, and these are covered with gravel or sand, which would pack into a solid, smooth surface. The Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road was built between 1849 and 1854 from Fayetteville to the village of Bethania in Forsyth County. When the Fayetteville & Western Plank Road was completed, it totaled just over 129 miles. It was a major economic and development driver for the region and was in operation for around ten years. It ceased being maintained as a plank road during the American Civil War.   

The development of the Fayetteville & Western Plank Road was a major economic force for the Trinity area; however, it does not compare to the arrival of the North Carolina Railroad in the area in 1854. Trinity did not have a train station, there was a station in Thomasville in 1853, and by 1854 High Point had a station. The community of Fair Grove that was just outside of Thomasville had a station in 1852.

The North Carolina Railroad laid rail between Charlotte and Goldsborough (Abbreviated to Goldsboro in 1893), North Carolina, for their “Line #1,” called the Charlotte and Goldsboro route. The Fayetteville & Western Plank Road and the North Carolina Railroad’s Charlotte and Goldsboro rail route crossed what became High Point, North Carolina. This confluence of transportation turned High Point into a transportation center. As a result, it drove the economy in the surrounding area.

The community that developed around Trinity College was small. The first United States Census in 1880 for the community calculated a population of only 240 residents. During the late 1800s, those not employed or attending the college would have more than likely been linked to the agricultural activity in the surrounding area.     

– Location/Coordinates of Trinity’s City Hall per Google Earth – Latitude: 35°52′46.88″ N  Longitude: 80°00′29.28″ W

– Trinity’s City Hall, per Google Earth, the coordinates noted above, is 720 feet above sea level.

– Trinity is conveniently located near Interstate 74, Interstate 85, Interstate 85 Business, Interstate 73, and Interstate 40. Interstate 85 runs through the community of Trinity.  U.S. Highway 62 is a federal highway that is a thoroughfare in the City of Trinity. North Carolina Highway 1564 is the main road through the City of Trinity.

– Trinity has had steady population growth for the last four decades. The population of Trinity was calculated to be 7,006, per the 2020 United States Census. The 2010 United States Census calculated Trinity’s population to be 6,614. This was a population increase of 5.9% from 2010 to 2020.

– Trinity’s first United States Census was the 1880 Census, and the population was calculated to be 240.

– The total land area of Trinity is 16.87 square miles based on the 2010 United States Census Bureau.

– Trinity’s population per square mile is 392.1 per the 2010 United States Census Bureau.

– Within the city limits of Trinity, 2015-2019, there were 2,576 households per the United States Census Bureau.

– Within the city limits of Trinity, there were 546 businesses or firms per the 2010 United States Census.

 

Randolph County

Randolph County was created from the eastern section of Guilford County in 1779. Randolph County was named in recognition of Peyton Randolph (1721-1775). Peyton Randolph was the actual first leader of the United States, by virtual of being the first president of Continental Congress. He was the first and third president of the Continental Congress (September 5, 1774 – October 22, 1774, and May 10, 1775 – May 24, 1775), making him the first and third leader of the United States.

The total land area of Randolph County was 782.52 square miles, per the 2010 United States Census. Randolph County is located centrally, more or less in the middle of North Carolina. Randolph County borders the counties of Guilford, Chatham, Alamance, Davidson, Montgomery, and Moore.

– Asheboro was established as the county seat of Randolph County in 1796.

– Per the 2020 United States Census Bureau, the population of Randolph County was calculated to be 144,171.   

– Per the 2010 United States Census Bureau, the population of Randolph County was calculated to be 141,752.

– The first United States Census for Randolph County was the 1790 Census, and the population was determined to be 7,318.

trinity nc


William Douglas Property Management offers HOA Management and Association Management services in Trinity, NC

Trinity, NC Facts & Information

Trinity is a municipality located within Randolph County, United States. Trinity is chartered as a municipal city. Trinity Is located in the northeast sector of Randolph County. The ZIP code for Trinity is 27370. The area code for Trinity is 336.  

———-

Trinity College

The city’s name, Trinity, derives from Trinity College, which was once located in the community. Trinity College originally started in 1838 as a private subscription school known as Brown’s Schoolhouse. Quakers and Methodists established Brown’s Schoolhouse under the direction of Methodist Episcopal Reverend Hezekiah Gilbert Leigh (1795-1853). Reverend Leigh is also recognized as one of the founders of Randolph-Macon College, which is now located in Ashland, Virginia. Local Methodist Reverend Brantley York (1805-1891) was the first teacher at Brown’s Schoolhouse.

Created with transforming the school into a college is Methodist Reverend Dr. Braxton Craven (1822-1882), who was named principal in 1841. The North Carolina General Assembly granted a charter to Union Institute Academy in 1841, and Brown’s Schoolhouse became Union Institute Academy. The Union Institute Academy was rechartered in 1851 as the Normal College, and it was given authority to grant certificates that would be valid as teaching certificates at public schools. In 1853, the Normal College was given authority to grant college degrees. The North Carolina Methodist Conference assumed total control of the Normal College in 1859, and the name was changed to Trinity College. The college, since its inception, struggled financially, and Dr. Craven carried the burden of continually financing the college for the rest of his life. He was president of the college when he died in 1882.

In 1887, John Franklin Crowell (1857-1931) was elected president of Trinity College by the trustees. Crowell was a Yale University graduate and only 30 years old. It was said he was imbued with enthusiasm and ambition. It is also said Crowell had a greater vision for Trinity College than what could be obtained in the small village of Trinity. He recognized the industrialization that was developing within the more metropolitan areas within North Carolina.    

Though there were protests, Trinity College moved to Durham in 1892. The land for the college site was donated by Julian S. Carr. Funds to construct one of the buildings was donated by Washington Duke, the father of James B. Duke. Crowell personally provided the funds for another building. With his objectives accomplished, President Crowell resigned to pursue other opportunities in 1894. Trinity College changed its name to honor Washington Duke in 1924. His son, tobacco and electrical power capitalist, James Buchanan Duke, had established the Duke Endowment that had made the college one of the best-endowed colleges in the United States. 

———-

The Trinity Community An Overview of the 1800s

The community initially became known as “Trinity College,” and eventually, the community’s name evolved to just “Trinity.” The small community that developed was around five miles from a railroad station. Trinity was near Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road; However, the community was considered remote and ideal for a college because there were no real distractions for the students.

The Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road was a major thoroughfare for the area and region for the mid to late 1800s. The Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road arrived in the Trinity area around 1851. Plank roads were typically constructed of oak and pine planks, around six to eight inches thick. These planks were laid on a roadbed designed to drain then covered crosswise with eight-inch wide by three-inch-thick planks, and these are covered with gravel or sand, which would pack into a solid, smooth surface. The Fayetteville and Great Western Plank Road was built between 1849 and 1854 from Fayetteville to the village of Bethania in Forsyth County. When the Fayetteville & Western Plank Road was completed, it totaled just over 129 miles. It was a major economic and development driver for the region and was in operation for around ten years. It ceased being maintained as a plank road during the American Civil War.   

The development of the Fayetteville & Western Plank Road was a major economic force for the Trinity area; however, it does not compare to the arrival of the North Carolina Railroad in the area in 1854. Trinity did not have a train station, there was a station in Thomasville in 1853, and by 1854 High Point had a station. The community of Fair Grove that was just outside of Thomasville had a station in 1852. 

The North Carolina Railroad laid rail between Charlotte and Goldsborough (Abbreviated to Goldsboro in 1893), North Carolina, for their “Line #1,” called the Charlotte and Goldsboro route. The Fayetteville & Western Plank Road and the North Carolina Railroad’s Charlotte and Goldsboro rail route crossed what became High Point, North Carolina. This confluence of transportation turned High Point into a transportation center. As a result, it drove the economy in the surrounding area.

The community that developed around Trinity College was small. The first United States Census in 1880 for the community calculated a population of only 240 residents. During the late 1800s, those not employed or attending the college would have more than likely been linked to the agricultural activity in the surrounding area.     

– Location/Coordinates of Trinity’s City Hall per Google Earth – Latitude: 35°52′46.88″ N  Longitude: 80°00′29.28″ W

– Trinity’s City Hall, per Google Earth, the coordinates noted above, is 720 feet above sea level.

– Trinity is conveniently located near Interstate 74, Interstate 85, Interstate 85 Business, Interstate 73, and Interstate 40. Interstate 85 runs through the community of Trinity.  U.S. Highway 62 is a federal highway that is a thoroughfare in the City of Trinity. North Carolina Highway 1564 is the main road through the City of Trinity.

– Trinity has had steady population growth for the last four decades. The population of Trinity was calculated to be 7,006, per the 2020 United States Census. The 2010 United States Census calculated Trinity’s population to be 6,614. This was a population increase of 5.9% from 2010 to 2020.  

– Trinity’s first United States Census was the 1880 Census, and the population was calculated to be 240. 

– The total land area of Trinity is 16.87 square miles based on the 2010 United States Census Bureau.  

– Trinity’s population per square mile is 392.1 per the 2010 United States Census Bureau. 

– Within the city limits of Trinity, 2015-2019, there were 2,576 households per the United States Census Bureau. 

– Within the city limits of Trinity, there were 546 businesses or firms per the 2010 United States Census. 

 

Randolph County

Randolph County was created from the eastern section of Guilford County in 1779. Randolph County was named in recognition of Peyton Randolph (1721-1775). Peyton Randolph was the actual first leader of the United States, by virtual of being the first president of Continental Congress. He was the first and third president of the Continental Congress (September 5, 1774 – October 22, 1774, and May 10, 1775 – May 24, 1775), making him the first and third leader of the United States. 

The total land area of Randolph County was 782.52 square miles, per the 2010 United States Census. Randolph County is located centrally, more or less in the middle of North Carolina. Randolph County borders the counties of Guilford, Chatham, Alamance, Davidson, Montgomery, and Moore. 

– Asheboro was established as the county seat of Randolph County in 1796. 

– Per the 2020 United States Census Bureau, the population of Randolph County was calculated to be 144,171.   

– Per the 2010 United States Census Bureau, the population of Randolph County was calculated to be 141,752.

– The first United States Census for Randolph County was the 1790 Census, and the population was determined to be 7,318. 

Need Association Management?

Contact Us